Cremation, Funeral Arrangements, On the Day of the Funeral, Planning Ahead
Essential Questions To Ask Funeral Homes During COVID-19 and Social Distancing
Back to Knowledge Center
- Do you have a COVID-19 Policy? If so, can you email me a link to the policy?
- What is your process for transferring a decedent from a hospital, long term care facility or place
- Are you conducting arrangements by phone or video conferencing?
- How many family members are able to attend the private visitation?
- Can a visitation or funeral be live streamed?
- Can the family attend the start of the cremation?
- Can the family have a home funeral?
- Will the funeral home assist with a home funeral?
- After the death how long can a family wait to have a visitation?
- The family was not able to see their loved one prior to death. How soon can they come to the
- What is the least expensive way for a family to honor their loved one’s life?
- What does your private visitation/funeral include?
- Is the family allowed to have something private at this time and a memorial in the future?
- Do local cemeteries have their own restrictions?
- Is a family able to have a “drive in” graveside service at a cemetery?
- Are local churches still hosting services?
- Are florists still open?
- What can the family do to personalize a private visitation/funeral for their loved one?
- After cremation has taken place how will the family receive their loved one’s cremated remains?
- The family is concerned about catching COVID-19 from the deceased. Is this a concern?
- What ways can those individuals who cannot see the family in person show their support?
- Are you able to assist with families who wish to pre-plan their funeral during this time?
The simple new way to find and
Use zip code for more precise search results
compare funeral and cremation providers.